*
I recently turned vegan. The change was not hard at all, or drastic either. I groan at the inhumane practices of the slaughterhouses. I do want to be a deitician in the near future, so do not worry about me being naive in terms of nutrition (as I have said many times before). I am a total nerd when it comes to food. We all know the adage "you are what you eat."
Earthlings - This "Vegan Maker" was too extreme for me to handle. I was not strong enough to finish watching the rest of the 1.5 hr. segment narrated by Joaqin Pheonix. After the first 20 minutes, I had to stop.
Slaughterhouse by Gail Eisnitz-- This will make you speechless and completley turn your back on meat.
3. An of course, Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin. This is what started it all. I gained insightful wisdom regarding healthy living€. For all those cynics out there, it is actually well referenced, check it out. I whole-heartedly recommend!
There are many other potential media influences, but I believe three is enough to prompt at least some sympathy.

I'm praying for a short winter.

